Healthy Apple Pie Smoothie
This week at the farmer’s market, among the early Autumn produce, I spotted them: a stack of perfectly golden, perfectly packaged, and perfectly indulgent apple pies. Just like that, the craving for the comforting warmth of apple cinnamon took over.
I could have easily snagged one and satisfied the urge, but this Fall I’ve committed to putting my health and wellness first, and with the guidance of the Mind Body Reset, I was able to redirect myself to a gorgeous pile of apples with plans to get to the core (see what I did there? :)) of the craving and satisfy it with a nourishing and delicious apple pie smoothie.
Sugar-Free Autumn Treats
I started with fresh apple sauce, using this sugar-free and super easy instant pot recipe. And when I took that first sip, not only was it DELICIOUS, it was 100% satisfying because I honored my health, I honored the craving, and I stood firm in my commitment. I hope it can be just as satisfying for you!
Easy Apple Pie Smoothie
With only a few simple ingredients, this smoothie comes together easily and quickly.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 chopped, pitted dates, soaked or 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Throw everything into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.