A creamy, all natural homemade mayonnaise
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup avocado or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk yolks, Dijon and lemon until well blended, frothy and light in color.
By hand – 3 minutes, by mixer – 1 minute
- Very slowly drizzle in oil a little at a time, mixing or whisking until mayo stiffens.
- Add up to 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Refrigerate for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Calories: 100
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 40mg