A creamy, all natural homemade mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk yolks, Dijon and lemon until well blended, frothy and light in color.
By hand – 3 minutes, by mixer – 1 minute
- Very slowly drizzle in oil a little at a time, whisking until mayo stiffens.
- Add up to 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Calories: 100
- Sodium: 115mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 40mg