Tangy, sweet and spicy chili Nam Prik hot sauce
- 20 dried red chili peppers, stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1” piece of fresh ginger
- Heat olive oil in a 2-quart stockpot. Add peppers and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, turn off heat and let peppers soak for ten minutes.
- Drain and add peppers to food processor.
- Add additional ingredients and process on high until combined.
- To make a paste, simply strain and reserve the paste for table condiment.