The perfect holiday cookie. Sugar free, gluten free and dairy free. A great cookie alternative.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 10 Dates (soaked in water)
- ½ medium Banana (ripe)
- 2 Tablespoons Almond or Peanut Butter
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened Coconut
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips or chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
- ¼ Dried Cherries
- ¼ Dried Cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with un-waxed parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put Almonds into food processor or high-power blender and process on High until they are ground to a meal-like consistency.
- Drain Dates; add to Almonds; pulse until combined.
- Add Banana and Almond/Peanut Butter. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the salt, and ¾ cup of the Oats. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer to mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and add Coconut, Chocolate Chips, and remaining ½ cup of Oats. Stir until combined.
- Using a 1-2 Tbls cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, make small rounds with the dough and place on parchment paper, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before consuming or transferring to a container.