Sugar Free, Gluten Free Holiday Cookies
I’m always looking for the perfect snacking cookie during the holidays. Something without the dairy and sugar of typical cookies but with all the flavor I need to feel comforted. These healthy cookie bites are the one!! You won’t even notice that there is no butter or sugar. The sweetness comes from bananas and dates. The oats and nuts give it crunch and density. Say hello to bite size goodness you don’t have to feel guilty about eating.
Healthy Cookie Bites For Guilt-Free Snacking
There are so many temptations from Halloween through New Year’s that it’s no wonder we start January 1 feeling tired and like we need to detox. One of the ways I stay committed to my health through the holidays is by having my own go-to snacks and small indulgences to grab when the candy, cookies and pie make there way into the house. Having a piece of pie on Thanksgiving isn’t my problem, it’s the day-to-day sugar throughout the holidays that gives me the hangover.
These healthy cookie bites give me and my family a boost of energy and a nutritionally well-rounded snack that feels like an indulgence and tastes like a sweet treat.
Healthy Cookie Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
The perfect holiday cookie. Sugar free, gluten free and dairy free. A great cookie alternative.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 10 Dates (soaked in water)
- ½ medium Banana (ripe)
- 2 Tablespoons Almond or Peanut Butter
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened Coconut
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips or chopped Bittersweet Chocolate
- ¼ Dried Cherries
- ¼ Dried Cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with un-waxed parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put Almonds into food processor or high-power blender and process on High until they are ground to a meal-like consistency.
- Drain Dates; add to Almonds; pulse until combined.
- Add Banana and Almond/Peanut Butter. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the salt, and ¾ cup of the Oats. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer to mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and add Coconut, Chocolate Chips, and remaining ½ cup of Oats. Stir until combined.
- Using a 1-2 Tbls cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, make small rounds with the dough and place on parchment paper, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before consuming or transferring to a container.