Easy, hearty weeknight chicken soup packed with protein and veggies.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, cut into small dice
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ inch coins
- 2 celery stalks, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 14.5 oz. can, cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 shredded poached chicken breast
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Heat a soup pot over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, onion, carrots and celery.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and sweat the vegetables until the onions become soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in broth and water, add in chicken and beans, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.