Creamy, fresh basil pesto with earthy walnuts, sharp Parmesan and bright lemon flavors.
- 1 cup walnuts (we use walnuts for home cook’s budget)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Pulse ingredients (except olive oil) in the bowl of a food processor until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil with processor running for about a minute.
- Add additional olive oil (or water) a tablespoon at a time for desired thickness.