- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small (1 cup)
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced small (1½ cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium (6”) zucchini, diced small (3–4 cups)
- ¼ bunch kale, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ pound balsamic herb meatballs
- 3 cups cooked whole wheat orzo
- Make ahead: ¾ pound balsamic herb meatballs *from Meal #1
- Make ahead: 3 cups cooked orzo *see prep guide
- Make ahead: Cut vegetables (onion, carrots, zucchini, kale)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in onions, carrots, garlic, zucchini, and kale. Cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add Herbes, salt, pepper, and broth and bring to simmer.
- Add in meatballs and cooked orzo and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until warmed through.