Fluffy, lightly spiced sweet potato pancakes drizzled with easy, homemade blueberry compote
For sweet potato pancakes (can make batter the night before)
- 3/4 cup pureed or mashed sweet potato (about one 10 ounce potato)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1–1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For blueberry compote (make up to 2 days ahead)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 1/2 lemon
For sweet potato pancakes
- Mix sweet potato, eggs, oil, milk and syrup together.
- Add in vinegar and vanilla then the flour, cinnamon, salt.
- Just before cooking, add the baking powder.
- Grease large non-stick skillet and heat over medium.
- Cook pancakes about 2 minutes per side.
- Keep warm in low temp oven if needed.
For blueberry compote
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Batter can be made the day before, and blueberry compote up to 2 days in advance. Pancakes can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 5