Fluffy, nourishing, protein packed almond pancakes with apple compote.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash of kosher salt
- 1 1/8 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter (can sub any nut butter)
- 3 apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat milk slightly and whisk in nut butter until smooth, then add egg, syrup, vanilla and oil.
- Whisk in whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Heat a griddle to medium low heat.
- Pour about 3-4 Tablespoons of batter for each pancake and cook about 2 minutes per side until browned.
- Serve with apple compote and more syrup if desired
- Cook sliced apples over medium heat with 1/4 cup water and 3 Tablespoons syrup until soft and thickened.
Be sure not to over mix.
Cooked pancakes freeze well