Hearty, flavorful breakfast burritos with fluffy eggs, savory sausage, nutritious kale and melted cheddar.
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 12 ounces turkey sausage
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 bunch kale, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 8 eggs, beaten with 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add onions and sausage, crumbling sausage as it cooks, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, kale and salt and pepper for about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and stir often while they cook until almost done.
- Add cheese and serve scramble in tortillas.
- Serve with a side of mangoes and berries
- top with cilantro, hot sauce or salsa for more flavor
- gluten free: sub corn tortillas
- dairy free: omit cheese and milk
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Method: stovetop