Tender pasta in a creamy, cheesy and peppery sauce.
- 1 pound bucatini
- 1–½ cups pecorino cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan reggiano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Reserved water from pasta boiling
- Boil pasta in water that is salty like the sea.
- Cook until just before al dente (according to package), then use tongs to quickly transfer it to the bowl, reserving a cup or so of the cooking water.
- Add half cup of cooking water to pasta and ¼ of cheese.
- Flip pasta around til cheese is combined.
- Add another quarter of cheese and repeat.
- If needed, add more reserve cooking water.
- Keep adding cheese and flipping to coat. The sauce will build to a creamy texture and cling to the pasta. It should not be watery.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Italian