Sweet, crispy and crave-worthy brussels sprout side dish
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cut in half (40–50 pieces or 1 full stalk)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim and remove any damaged outer layers.
- Whisk together syrup and water then add to Brussels sprouts and stir to coat.
- Arrange in a preheated fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring every minute or so, until liquid is almost gone, about five minutes.
- Toss in pecans.
- When there is not more liquid, remove from heat, sprinkle with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cover and set aside until serving. Well, eat one first and then set aside.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5