Vibrant, tangy and sweet make-ahead carrot slaw side dish.
- 8 carrots, peeled and grated or shredded
- in a food processor
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts, chopped (can also
- use sesame seeds or another nut)
- 1/2 cup raisins (I like them chopped but it’s
- not necessary)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of black pepper to taste
- Whisk together oil and lime juice.
- Toss shredded carrots with dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in raisins, coconut flakes and nuts (if using).
- Chill until ready to serve.
Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Serves: 8-10 | Serving Size: About 1/2 cup | Calories 190kcal | Protein 3g | Carbohydrate 20g | Sodium 190mg
Fiber 3g | Cholesterol 0mg | Fat 11g | Saturated 4.5g | Sugar 13g | Calcium 2% DV | Iron 6% DV
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g