A few simple ingredients come together for restaurant style ramen noodles at home, starting with a rich broth, noodles, savory veggies and creamy boiled egg.
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 2 cups filtered water
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces ramen noodles (dry packaged or fresh refrigerated)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 green onion, chopped (whites and green)
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth, tamari and water.
- Bring to a boil; add mushrooms, reduce heat and simmer until mushrooms have softened,about 10 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, breaking apart with a chopstick.
- Simmer noodles for 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and green onion.
- Serve immediately, garnished with eggs.