Crockpot vegan curry packed with vegetables, red lentils and satisfying curry spiced sauce.
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, sliced (½ cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (6-8 oz) Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- ¼ head cauliflower, small florets (1 cup)
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk
- ½ Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, warmed
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
2. Transfer vegetable mixture to slow cooker. Add next nine ingredients (through chili powder). Cook on low for 6 hours*.
3. Serve lentils over quinoa; garnish with lemon or lime juice, and parsley.