Slow Cooker Red Lentil Vegetable Curry
Sometimes in life and in cooking, it’s best just to take it slow. This is one of those recipes where the slow cooker works its magic and gently melts warm, spicy flavors into lentils and vegetables. The end result is a rich, hearty plant-based meal.
There are some weeks that go by in such a blur I’m left wondering where the time went. Between school, work, errands, appointments and social commitments, sometimes I forget to slow down and enjoy each moment. This recipe reminds me that taking it slow and letting everything come together in its own time can be really special.
Weeknight Vegan Dinner
With just a bit of chopping, this set it and forget it dinner is perfect for that weeknight when you just need a little extra time to slow down.
If ordering in Thai or Indian for delivery is your weakness (guilty!), rest assured that this nourishing and substantial vegan curry is better than any delivery in town.
Do you want to try our FREE
20 ingredient meal plans?
Crock-Pot Vegan Curry Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
Red Lentil Vegetable Curry
- Total Time: 6.25 hours
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Crockpot vegan curry packed with vegetables, red lentils and satisfying curry spiced sauce.
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, sliced (½ cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (6-8 oz) Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- ¼ head cauliflower, small florets (1 cup)
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk
- ½ Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, warmed
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
2. Transfer vegetable mixture to slow cooker. Add next nine ingredients (through chili powder). Cook on low for 6 hours*.
3. Serve lentils over quinoa; garnish with lemon or lime juice, and parsley.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 6.25 hours