The indulgent chocolate peanut butter smoothie for when you crave a treat but don’t want to cheat on your health.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 to 4 pitted dates (depending on ripeness of banana)
- 2 medium frozen sliced bananas
- 1 cup ice cubes (as needed for texture)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender in the order listed.
- Secure the lid, and blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and frosty.
- Adjust any ingredients to personal taste and add in a booster!
Use ripe bananas (but not really over ripe) for the best flavor profile.
Add the chia, hemp, and flax for more protein.
- Category: Beverage
- Serving Size: 16 ounces
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 336
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 4.8
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 13.3
- Cholesterol: 0