Healthy Chocolate & Peanut Butter Breakfast Smoothie
This rich chocolate banana and peanut butter smoothie makes the best after school snack. A good calorie boost for growing kids and they will thank you for making them a treat. I like to have one post workout to refuel nutrients. It even works as a quick breakfast when time is short on busy mornings.
Tess Masters of The Blender Girl created this easy smoothie version using common pantry ingredients so you can whip it up at anytime.
File it under simple smoothies that satisfy.
All the feels! Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana, Coconut or Almond Milk, and Dates, oh my!
The indulgent chocolate peanut butter smoothie for when you crave a treat but don’t want to cheat on your health.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 to 4 pitted dates (depending on ripeness of banana)
- 2 medium frozen sliced bananas
- 1 cup ice cubes (as needed for texture)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender in the order listed.
- Secure the lid, and blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and frosty.
- Adjust any ingredients to personal taste and add in a booster!
Use ripe bananas (but not really over ripe) for the best flavor profile.
Add the chia, hemp, and flax for more protein.
- Category: Beverage
- Serving Size: 16 ounces
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 336
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 4.8
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 11
- Protein: 13.3
- Cholesterol: 0