Classic, delicious Thanksgiving gravy for potatoes, turkey and stuffing, minus gluten and dairy
- 2 cups turkey pan drippings (or low sodium organic chicken broth)
- ¼ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons whiskey (can sub white wine or lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- finely chopped fresh herbs if desired
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together coconut butter/oil and gluten free flour until combined. The mixture will still look like crumbled pie dough.
- Carefully monitor as it cooks until the smell of the flour is gone and the mixture is changing color to a mocha tone.
- Whisk in whiskey (or wine or lemon juice).
- Quickly whisk in pan drippings or broth until most lumps are gone.
- Add salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Let simmer for 1-2 minutes as it thickens. Continue to whisk to avoid lumps.
- Remove from heat and serve. If desired, strain to remove any large lumps.
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Gravy, Thanksgiving