3-ingredient sweet and satisfying no-sugar-added applesauce
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 4 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place ingredients in bowl of Instant Pot.
- Close Instant Pot lid and the steam vent lever then set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will take about 5 minutes to reach high pressure, before cooking.
- Once the timer goes off, release pressure from steam vent.
- Transfer to blender and puree until smooth.
- For a chunkier applesauce you can skip the blender and mash by hand.
- Transfer applesauce to a mason jar and let cook down before placing in fridge.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, use a large pot and stir the apple mixture over medium to medium-high heat, then cover and cook for 25 minutes.