Instant Pot Recipes are becoming a staple in my kitchen. This simple homemade applesauce recipe takes advantage of the fall season and is made with only three ingredients.
I love to keep it on hand this time of year for adding to smoothies, topping pork chops and enjoying as a healthy snack.
There are so many versions available in the grocery store that are loaded with preservatives and sugar that the lovely natural sweet apple flavor is overwhelmed and the nutritional value is lost. We developed this applesauce with 2 things in mind: celebrating delicious apples and making them into a healthy, luscious sauce.
Here’s the recipe for my favorite, no sugar added applesauce.
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 4 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place ingredients in bowl of Instant Pot.
- Close Instant Pot lid and the steam vent lever then set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will take about 5 minutes to reach high pressure, before cooking.
- Once the timer goes off, release pressure from steam vent.
- Transfer to blender and puree until smooth.
- For a chunkier applesauce you can skip the blender and mash by hand.
- Transfer applesauce to a mason jar and let cook down before placing in fridge.
- If you don't have an Instant Pot, use a large pot and stir the apple mixture over medium to medium-high heat, then cover and cook for 25 minutes.