Easy, fresh and flavorful homemade garlic powder for your pantry
- 2–3 heads fresh garlic
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F or 200 degrees if that is the lowest your oven will go
- Peel and thinly slice 8-10 cloves of fresh garlic
- Lay them out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for at least an hour until the garlic is dehydrated. Two hours is best but the key is making sure the cloves are crumbly dry.
- Let cool.
- Grind in a spice grinder, crush with a mortar and pestle or mash with the back of a spoon.
- Voila! Garlic Powder
- Add 1 shallot for a divine onion flavor