A 5-minute breakfast recipe of creamy eggs nestled in the center of crisp, toasted bread and topped with aromatic Italian seasoning.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 2 slices whole wheat bakery bread (not sandwich loaf)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- optional: 4 leaves fresh garden basil or fresh garden herb
- Press a hole in the center of each slice of bread using a 2-1/2 inch diameter drinking glass or a biscuit cutter.
- Heat the oil in a 10-12” skillet over medium heat.
- Arrange bread in bottom of pan. Brown on one side then flip.
- Crack an egg into the bread hole without breaking the yolk.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook egg for two minutes and then flip, season with Italian seasoning and cook for one minute.
- Remove and serve while yolk is a little soft. Serve with bread cut outs.
- Category: breakfast