Sausage egg asparagus bake with fresh tomatoes, aromatic basil and tangy cheese, perfect for spring brunch.
- 12 ounces turkey sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 8 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add sausage, crumbling as it cooks for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and asparagus for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into greased 9×13 dish and layer tomatoes on top.
- Whisk together the salt, pepper, herbes, basil, eggs, milk and cheese.
- Pour on top of veggies.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
You can pour egg mixture directly into skillet (instead of into a greased dish) and bake if it the skillet is oven safe up to 375 degrees. This works really well in a cast-iron skillet.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50