Even in sunny California, winter soups are a staple at our dinner table. I enjoy having the heat of the oven warming my kitchen during the roasting process. The intense flavor of roasted vegetables is so easy to turn into a hearty soup with the addition of a little broth and the help of a good blender. I found that blending the squash and sweet potato together gives a nice layered sweetness to the finished soup. If you are adventurous, try roasting carrots or parsnips to find different flavor profiles.
Here are some more blender based recipes for an easy weeknight meal!
- Curried Carrot Cauliflower Soup from Hip Foodie Mom
- Creamy Green Hemp Seed Smoothie from Eating Made Easy
- Roasted Broccoli Soup from Life’s Ambrosia
- Kick Booty Kale Smoothie from The Law Student’s Wife
- Creamy Spinach Lentil Soup from Kitchen Confidante
- Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing from Love Grows Wild
- Bacon, Kale and Roasted Tomato Eggs Benedict from Girl Versus Dough