Tacos are a summer staple. Simple and quick to prepare, these tacos are easily adaptable to fit your family’s tastes.
Flank Steak Tacos
- Total Time: 30
- 6 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar
- 3 cups diced flank steak
- 2 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1 cups diced (1/2 pint) tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 14 oz drained and rinsed black beans
- 3 cups prepared brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon each cumin, salt, pepper
- Place shredded cheese in bowl.
- Chop lettuce. Mince onions. Dice tomatoes.
- Place everything in serving bowls or arrange on large plate.
- Drain and rinse black beans then place in small stockpot
- Heat beans over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and salt, slightly mash beans.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat prepared steak for 2-3 minutes in skillet then place in serving dish.
- Heat tortillas by placing in bottom of heated skillet and brown slightly.
- You can roll hot tortillas in towel to keep warm.
- Reheat prepared brown rice, fluff with fork. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Let everyone create their own tacos and serve with a 1/2 cup scoop each of rice and beans.
- Vegetarian Option
- Dairy Free Option
- Paleo Option
- Gluten Free Option
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4