Reinvent Turkey Leftovers: Thanksgiving Cobb Salad Recipe
After a day of indulgence and maybe a second slice of pie or an extra glass of wine, I crave a clean meal with all the fall flavors. With that in mind, I always keep this recipe for Thanksgiving salad on hand for a fresh, light lunch on Friday.
It doesn’t get more simple or delicious than this! Many leftover-lovers might go for a turkey salad sandwich on Friday, but I’m usually feeling pretty carb hungover at that point. You can use anything you have on hand for this salad, and this is how I build my favorite turkey cobb.
How to Make a Thanksgiving Leftover Salad
My recipe for Thanksgiving salad is really flexible, but I keep a few things in mind as I top my greens.
- Crunch. Different textures are what makes a salad go from boring to delicious. I add walnuts and crisp granny smith apples. You could also use pecans or pepitas depending on what was on your Thanksgiving menu, or pears in lieu of apples.
- Creaminess. You don’t want a dry salad, which is obviously why we love salad dressing. I also really love chopped egg to mimic a classic cobb salad and for it’s delicious creamy texture. My family drizzles this salad with homemade honey mustard dressing.
- Savory vs. sweet. Balance of flavor is key in any delicious salad. The savory turkey, egg and walnuts are brought to life by those tangy apples, bright cranberry orange relish, and perfectly roasted leftover turkey.
Thanksgiving Cobb Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a creative leftover turkey ideas, look no further than this bright, fresh and beautiful recipe for Thanksgiving salad.Print
A light, Thanksgiving leftover lunch Cobb Salad with classic fall flavors.
- 2 cups leftover turkey, shredded
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped small
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 1/3 cup leftover cranberry relish, mixed with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup any salad dressing you have on hand. Our family uses honey mustard.
- Arrange all ingredients on a large platter
- Just before serving, drizzle with salad dressing and toss.