Easy Post-Halloween Detox
How was your Halloween? It’s impossible to say no to a Reese’s cup, right? And that’s okay! I’m getting back on track this week with my favorite detox recipe.
Nourishing Detox Instant Pot or Crock Pot
I believe there’s a misconception that “detox” equals “deprivation,” but that’s not how it fits into my health journey. Just like I allow myself to indulge here and there in a sugary treat, I also like to have days that are dedicated to honoring health, which means I load up on fiber, maintain ample hydration, and increase antioxidant intake. Detox to me is about eating foods I know will nourish my body, and filling up on those. It’s less about what I leave out, and more about considering what I put in.
And now the holidays are upon us! Starting the season with a healthy mind and body is key, and this Detox Instant Pot packed with vegetables and fiber will give you a warm and tasty head start.
Detox Instant Pot / Slow Cooker Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
- 1 medium head of green cabbage (cut into eigths and then halved)
- 2 zuchinni cut into ¾ inch rounds and then half moons
- 4 ribs celery, chopped into ½ inch moons
- ½ pound green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable
- 2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- optional: 1 teaspoon favorite spice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ½ cup rough chopped parsley
- Layer all the vegetables in the bottom of the Instant Pot
- Cover vegetables with broth
- Add paprika, salt, black pepper, optional spice of choice
- and white wine vinegar
- Set on low pressure level and cook for 4 minutes.