Refreshing Strawberry Gazpacho
Some days you just want something light and refreshing. Gazpacho is the answer. The cucumber, tomato, strawberry mix provides so much flavor in the easiest of soups.
side: whole wheat dinner rolls
PREP: 20 minutes
COOK: 0 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
- Cut vegetables: tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper
For Strawberry Gazpacho
3 pounds medium ripe summer tomatoes, cored
1 medium cucumber, peeled
1 medium red bell pepper, core and seeds removed
¼ medium red onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled
½ bunch fresh parsley, long stems removed
1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
½ jalapeno chile pepper, less if you are sensitive to spice/heat
1 medium lemon, juiced
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup water (optional, for consistency)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 whole wheat dinner rolls
For strawberry gazpacho
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, garlic, parsley, strawberries, and jalapeno in a blender or food processor and purée until relatively smooth, depending on preference of consistency. For a chunky version, pulse instead of puree.
- Add half of the lemon juice, half of the vinegar and ½ of the salt. Blend. Taste. Adjust as necessary by adding a little more and tasting. If too thick, add a little water.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in olive oil by hand. Refrigerate for at least 20-25 minutes.
- Serve in bowls, teacups or drinking glasses with whole wheat dinner rolls.