I call this gratitude granola. Not only because it always gives me a sense of joy when I make a batch but because it’s the gift by which I say “Thank you!”
Homemade granola is rather simple to make and gives so much flexibility in choosing ingredients you love. I make mine with maple syrup. I like the nutty sweetness it adds and it makes it vegan.
A batch makes about two 16 ounce mason jars.
Do you want to try our FREE
20 ingredient meal plans?
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
Naturally sweetened, crunchy and satisfying homemade granola
- 1–1/2 cups organic maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ cup filtered water
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 ½ cups pecans or macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: 1 cup semi sweet chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Adjust the top rack to the middle of the oven.
- Whisk together maple syrup and water in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Add in oats and toss with liquid.
- Fold in coconut, and pecans.
- Arrange mixture on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for twenty minutes, or until almost golden. Remove from oven. LET COOL.
- Add in cherries and chocolate (if using)
- Can be stored in an air-tight container for several weeks.
- Prep Time: 4
- Cook Time: 20