Guilt-Free Game Day Chicken Wings
You don’t have to give up your game day favorites! These wings win over die hard fans every time and with no butter or frying!
Buffalo Chicken Wings for a Crowd
Using the Instant Pot to cook these wings is the secret, because the pressure inside the cooker infuses the meat with flavor that goes beyond just dressing them in sauce. They’re spicy, tangy and absolutely crave-able. The instant pot also allows you to work in large batches, making this recipe perfect for entertaining on game day!
Healthy Buffalo Wings Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
Wings to win over die hard fans every time, with no butter or frying!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup hot sauce (we use Frank’s)
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Celery sticks
- Optional: blue cheese crumbles
- Toss wings with garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add coconut oil to InstantPot container and set to sauté. When oil is hot add in chicken wings and brown on all sides. Pour in water and add lemon slices.
Place lid and lock. Set to 5 minutes cooking time. Note: It can take almost ten minutes for the InstantPot to come to temperature before cooking.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to high broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
Wait five minutes once pressure cooking is complete and then release pressure valve on InstantPot by turning to venting position. Twist off and remove lid carefully so steam doesn’t fly up into your face.
- Using tongs and/or a spoon transfer cooked wings to a bowl and toss with hot sauce.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes until crispy edges form.
- Optional: Sprinkle baking sheet with crumbles of blue cheese before serving with a bowl full of celery sticks.