Pecan pie is a weakness around my house. The women in my family get together for a full day of pie making the day before Thanksgiving every year. Music, rolling pins, lots of dancing and maybe a few cocktails. It’s such a special bonding time for all of us, and this pecan pie smoothie gives me all the same feels. It’s pecan pie in a mason jar, and it fuels my body like pie baking day fuels my soul.
It’s creamy, smooth, and gives me all those satisfying holiday flavors, so I don’t need to eat a whole slice of pecan pie daily. And I would.
Healthy Pecan Pie Smoothie
Thank goodness for The Blender Girl. She knows how to translate every component of the treat into a balanced, smoothie without sacrificing any of those delicious, indulgent flavors. This pecan pie smoothie recipe brilliantly uses raw soaked pecans, not just to mimic the pie, but also to add creaminess without a drop of milk!
Adding frozen bananas, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon takes it over the top into a what I can only compare to a bonafide milkshake consistency. There’s zero guilt, no added sugar and a boost of energy to get you through the hustle and bustle of the season.
Vegan Pecan Pie Smoothie
This dairy free, gluten free, no added sugar smoothie is a treat for your body and your taste buds.
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
A satisfying, protein packed smoothie with decadent pecan pie flavors
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) filtered water
- 1 cup (110g) raw pecans, soaked and drained
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 2 medium-sized frozen sliced bananas
- 1 cup (125g) ice cubes
- Pour the water, pecans, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until the pecans are completely pulverized.
- Add the frozen banana and ice, and blast for a further 10 to 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Tweak the cinnamon to taste.