BEST Vegetarian Crock Pot Chili
I love chili because it’s easy, and everyone has their own secret ingredient that makes it perfect for them. We recently asked The Fresh 20 Community about their favorite add-ins and the answers amazed me, from savory flavors like unsweetened cocoa powder, canned pumpkin, and shredded broccoli (which is genius) to sweet options like crumbled corn bread, canned pineapple and even grape jelly! But I couldn’t stop thinking about goat cheese crumbles on top. YUM!
Chili for Entertaining
My spin puts the warm and spicy flavor of chipotle chili front and center, with sweet accents of butternut squash and fire roasted tomatoes. Packed with protein from black beans, this chili crowd pleaser and great for entertaining because it’s delicious AND vegan, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. This recipe also perfect for adding whatever secret ingredient floats your boat.
Vegetarian Chipotle Chili Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can no salt added fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups diced butternut squash
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro and lime in a slow cooker and heat for 4-6 hours on low until squash is tender. Serve with cilantro and lime.
- Serving Size: 6