Chai Spice Superfood Smoothie
After a week of heavy holiday dinners, the hustle and bustle that leads to poor food choices, and lets face it — the stress of the holidays, I’m feeling sluggish, bogged down and highly in need of my daily green smoothie. Smoothies aren’t just for warm weather months. Adding seasonal spices and flavors makes me crave a cold, nutrient-packed beverage even on the coldest days. This easy and satisfying spicy chai smoothie is just what I need to get me through these last few days before the New Year arrives.
I whip up a blender full of this green banana chai smoothie as an energy boosting breakfast or snack.
Best Winter Smoothies
Chai is a blend of spices that define the flavor of tea in India. A mix of predominately cardamom, cloves, ginger, star anise and nutmeg, chai adds a spicy, warm, comforting to flavor to smoothies, oatmeal and, of course, tea. In this smoothie created for us by The Blender Girl, a hint of vanilla brings out all the delicious and comforting notes of the spices, while avocado and frozen banana blend this smoothie into a creamy, indulgent treat.
The holiday months are also notorious for sweets, extra snacking and harder health choices. Starting my day with a superfood smoothie, like this banana chai spice version, fuels my body with dense nutrients from kale and healthy avocado fats that keep me full and satisfied, so I’m less likely to fill up on empty carbs or give into holiday treat cravings.
Do you want to try our FREE
20 ingredient meal plans?
Green Banana Chai Smoothie Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
Green Banana Chai Smoothie
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Spicy, satisfying green banana chai latte smoothie with kale, avocado and warm chai spices
- 2 cups unsweetened boxed coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups kale leaves
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Tiny pinch of ground cloves
- 2 medium sliced frozen ripe bananas
- Throw all of the ingredients except the frozen banana into your blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the frozen banana, and blast again for 10 to 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.