Hearty Vegan Salad
Feasting on this salad is like eating a rainbow. It’s fresh, colorful, and has so many flavors that all work together to make it beautiful. I can’t think of a better recipe to showcase the abundant produce of Spring. This vegan salad is a crowd-pleaser for herbivores and omnivores alike, and it amazes me that such a hearty, satisfying salad is paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and contains no added sugar.
Crunchy sunflower seeds, sweet raisins and a tangy avocado ginger vinaigrette combine with bountiful vegetables to make this the perfect vegan lunch.
Superfood Meal-Prep Salad
Filled with super foods like kale, cauliflower, red cabbage, and carrots, this salad can be made ahead, and even dressed in advance to allow the vinegar, ginger and cilantro flavors to absorb into the vegetables. We love to prep this salad on Sunday and divide it into containers to prep for weekday lunches.
This favorite vegan salad will leave you feeling satisfied and full, but not heavy. If you’re looking to kick the post-lunch food coma, this should be on your lunch menu. A healthy serving of protein and heart-healthy fats from sunflower seeds gives me a major energy boost to power through a busy afternoon.
Do you want to try our FREE
20 ingredient meal plans?
Vegan Chopped Salad Recipe
If you make this recipe, we’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #THEFRESH20 so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen.Print
Hearty vegan chopped salad of super food vegetables, crunchy sunflower seeds and sweet raisins, topped with ginger avocado vinaigrette.
- 1 head cauliflower, finely chopped (use food processor for best results)
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, finely chopped (use food processor for best results)
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped to yield about 2 cups
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower, cabbage, carrots and onion in food processor or finely by hand.
- In a large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Stir dressing into salad and chill until serving.
- Prep Time: 15