A Smashing Roasted Potato Side Dish
Move over mashed potatoes! My smashed oven roasted potatoes with rosemary are gorgeous in a serving dish and make me feel all the gratitude feels when they mix with drips of my favorite gravy. Accented with onions and aromatic rosemary, these crispy, creamy potatoes bring all the Thanksgiving flavor to the table.
This easy side dish is a smart go to for easy weeknight dinner, and a delicious option if you’re meal planning on a budget. My family asks for them often, and I’ve found they’re one of the best side dishes for chicken, since I often roast a weeknight chicken and I can throw them in the oven together.
Best Roasted and Smashed Rosemary Potatoes
Roasted potatoes with rosemary is a classic, delicious combination. In this potato side dish, the onions caramelize adding a sweet flavor to each bite, and then finishes on a festive rosemary note that is 1o0% craveworthy.
The perfect crispy smashed potatoes are quite simple to make! Start by adding scrubbed, whole dutch baby potatoes and halved pearl onions to a sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Give them a good toss with your hands, then sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Roast them for 40 minutes until they’re nice and brown and crispy on the outside. Last, once they’re cooled slightly, give them a good smash with the back of a wooden spoon.
BEST THANKSGIVING RECIPES GUIDE
If you’re looking for a full guide to healthy, easy Thanksgiving Recipes, download The Fresh 20 E-book here! It’s FREE to current annual plan subscribers.
Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary Recipe
For such little work, roasted potatoes pay off with divine flavor. Leftovers are delicious with breakfast or for snacking.Print
Crispy, creamy and aromatic Thanksgiving roasted potatoes
- 5 pounds baby dutch potatoes, washed and scrubbed but not peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Rosemary, roughly chopped
- Pearl onions (mixed), cut in half
- Kosher or sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange potatoes and onions on a baking sheet (or two)
- Pour olive oil evenly over potatoes. Gently mix with hands to coat.
- Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper on top of potatoes.
- Bake until browned and crispy on the outside, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool slightly.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, smash the potatoes to slightly flatten.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
- Category: side dishes
- Method: roast